Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Independence Day: A Day of Freedom and Liberty

Image result for independence day philippines
https://www.officeholidays.com/images/slider/philippines_flag_01.jpg

Independence day, in tagalog "Araw ng Kalayaan," they have one meaning, freedom. A day of celebration, a day to celebrate when our country was freed from the invaders who wanted to colonize our country. But how do we Pilipinos celebrate this day? What do we give importance to?

This question is always in my mind, I always look for answers. Independence day has been always celebrated even before I was born. It's being celebrated for 120 years this year, there is no clear anwser to this question. Due to my curiosity, I did some research, most people who are still in school celebrate Independence day because they have no class. Some students go out with friends, some go to internet cafes to play games, they have freedom, but is it the right way to celebrate Independence Day? I still kept looking for an answer, so I asked one of my teachers. His answer was the best one. Independence day is being celebrated as a memory, a tribute for the sacrifices of our ancestors, a tribute for the freedom of our country. This day serves as a memory for our countries liberation.

We should cherish and enjoy this day for the sake of our ancestors who sacrificed their lives to achieve freedom.

1 comment:

  1. May others truly realize the sacrifice made by our heroes. BTW, this work of yours is amazing. Hoping to read more articles from you.

    ReplyDelete